- 2019-10-14 to 2019-10-15 On 14-15 October, the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends the Foreign Affairs Council in Luxembourg
- 2019-10-15 On 15 October, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius attends the General Affairs Council in Luxembourg
- 2019-10-16 On 16 October at 1.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2019-10-16 On 16 October at 12:00 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius has a lunch with other members of the Cabinet
- 2019-10-16 On 16 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
Japan-Baltic cooperation dialogue continues in Riga
On 13 September in Rīga, the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Neris Germanas participated in the second Japan – Baltic cooperation dialogue. The Japan-initiated cooperation dialogue with the Baltic states was launched in 2018 in Vilnius.
Diplomats discussed regional security issues, the implementation of transport and energy projects in the Baltic states, and new opportunities for developing business relations after the entry into force of the EU and Japan's Economic Partnership Agreement in 2019.
“Japan is one of Lithuania's most important political and economic partners in Asia. Together with our partners in Rīga and Tallinn, we strive to strengthen our cooperation with Japan in the areas of energy security and transport infrastructure, which are of importance to our region, ” said N. Germanas.
Participants also discussed possibilities of using new technologies (5G and artificial intelligence) in connectivity projects.
According to Lithuania’s Foreign Vice-Minister, there was a breakthrough in the relationship between Lithuania and Japan in 2018, which continues until today. The Prime Minister of Japan Shinzō Abe visited Lithuania for the first time in January 2018 with a large business delegation. Lithuania’s Prime Minister Saulius Skvernelis visited Japan in October, accompanied by a business mission.
The third Japan-Baltic cooperation dialogue will be held in Tallinn in 2020.