- 2019-06-20 On 20 June at 8.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with the YIVO delegation
- 2019-06-20 On 20 June at 12:00 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in the Government meeting at the Seimas
- 2019-06-20 On 20 June at 3:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in the the ceremony of unveiling the memorial plaque, dedicated to the Yiddish Scientific Institute (YIVO)
- 2019-06-20 to 2019-06-21 On 20-21 June, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius participates in the European Council in Brussels as part of the delegation led by the President of Lithuania
- 2019-06-21 On 21 June at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in a diploma award ceremony at the Institute of International Relations and Political Science (IIRPS)
Lithuania’s Foreign Minister receives the new Ambassador of Lebanon
On 9 April, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius received the new Ambassador of Lebanon to Lithuania Reina Charbel and discussed opportunities for closer political and economic cooperation.
“We see a potential to strengthen bilateral economic and political relations, especially we can offer to share our experiences gained in the fields of technology, education, and when implementing Twinning projects in the region,” said the Minister L. Linkevičius.
L. Linkevičius stressed the role of Lebanon in the region, particularly in providing assistance to Syrian refugees. Together with other EU member states, Lithuania supports the countries of Middle East that receive a large number of refugees.
The Ambassador presented her letters of credence to the President of Lithuania Dalia Grybauskaitė on 8 April. She is the 13th Lebanese Ambassador accredited to Lithuania. R. Charbel resides in Warsaw.
Lithuania and Lebanon established their diplomatic relations on 18 March 1993. In 2016, Lithuania accredited Arvydas Daunoravičius as its Ambassador to Lebanon. He resides in Cairo. Since 2006, Dr. Maen Huneidi has served as the Honorary Consul of Lithuania in Beirut.