- 2018-10-22 to 2018-10-23 On 22-23 October, the Chancellor Jūratė Raguckienė is attending the EU Chancellors‘ Meeting in Brussels
- 2018-10-23 On 23 October, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in a meeting of the Heads of Delegations of the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance in Rome
- 2018-10-24 On 24 October at 9.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is delivering a speech at the Warsaw Security Forum
- 2018-10-24 On 24 October at 9.05 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with the new Slovenian Ambassador Božena Forštnarič Boroje
- 2018-10-24 On 24 October at 10.00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is attending a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
Lithuania's Foreign Ministry summons Russian Ambassador, voices strong protest
On 8 October, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania summoned the Ambassador of Russia to Lithuania Alexander Udaltsov. Lithuania‘s Foreign Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius voiced his strong protest over the Russian Foreign Ministry‘s false statement about Adolfas Ramanauskas-Vanagas (aka Hawk) on the eve of his funeral.
In the meeting, Lithuania‘s Foreign Vice-Minister called on Russia to refrain from publicizing unsubstantiated statements and attempts at rewriting history, based on fabricated allegations by repression structures of the Soviet occupation regime.
According to Lithuania‘s Foreign Ministry, Russia once again aims at discrediting the Lithuanian armed resistance movement and denying the fact of the Soviet occupation in general.
Lithuania takes pride in thousands of its women and men who participated in the anti-Soviet resistance movement and gives kudos to the leader and symbol of the movement – Adolfas Ramanauskas-Vanagas.