- 2019-12-12 to 2019-12-13 On 12-13 December, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius accompanies the President to the European Council in Brussels, Belgium
- 2019-12-13 On 13 December at 12:00 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends an event of the charity campaign "Maltesers soup"
- 2019-12-15 to 2019-12-16 On 15-16 December, the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas attends the 14th ASEM Foreign Ministers’ Meeting in Madrid, Spain
- 2019-12-16 On 16 December at 9:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius awards Marcin Łapczyński, Director of the Polish Institute in Vilnius
- 2019-12-16 On 16 December at 9:00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Dalius Čekuolis delivers a speech at the Lithuanian-German Forum at the Office of the President
Lithuania’s Foreign Vice-Minister and Palestinian Assistant Minister on European Affairs discuss region’s situation and future cooperation
On 13 September, the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Darius Skusevičius met with Amal Jadou, Assistant Minister on European Affairs at the Palestinian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The meeting discussed the situation in the Middle East and prospects for bilateral cooperation between Lithuania and Palestine.
"Lithuania, just like all other member states of the European Union, is interested in finding a peaceful solution to a long-term conflict in the Middle East, but this requires the resumption of a constructive dialogue between the parties to the conflict," said the Foreign Vice-Minister D. Skusevičius.
Considerable attention has been given to development cooperation issues. The first Twinning project “Strengthening the Capacity of the Palestinian Authority to Improve Customs Revenue Collection and Borders Crossings Control” was launched in September. Since 2009, Lithuania has implemented ten development cooperation projects in Palestine.
Bilateral political consultations and a meeting with members of the Seimas (Parliament) were held during the visit of A. Jadou to Vilnius. She also visited Kaunas and met with the Mayor of Kaunas, representatives of the Kaunas Chamber of Industry, Commerce and Crafts, and the Lithuanian Business Women's Network. The Assistant Minister on European Affairs gave a lecture at Vytautas Magnus University.
A. Jadou last visited Lithuania in 2016.