- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 8.45 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with the USAID Regional Mission Director to Ukraine and Belarus Susan K. Fritz
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 9.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a discussion "Lithuania's support to Ukraine, Ukraine's progress and prospects" at the Seimas
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a ministerial meeting
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in the Belarus Reality Check forum in Vilnius
- 2018-10-22 to 2018-10-23 On 22-23 October, the Chancellor Jūratė Raguckienė is attending the EU Chancellors‘ Meeting in Brussels
Lithuania’s Foreign Vice-Minister explores new opportunities for Lithuanian business and science in New Zealand
“The achievements of Lithuanian scientists in the fields of life sciences and lasers are known and appreciated in the world. Hopefully, with representatives of the Lithuanian Laser and Engineering Technologies cluster (LITEK) we can not only introduce them in New Zealand, but also establish new partnerships,” said the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Darius Skusevičius, who met with New Zealand’s Foreign Affairs Under-Secretary Fletcher Tabuteau and the Deputy Secretary at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade Jeff Langley on 12 February in Wellington.
Lithuania’s Foreign Vice-Minister invited the representatives of New Zealand to take part in the international forum “Life Sciences Baltics 2018” this September in Vilnius. The two officials were pleased that cooperation between dairy producers of both countries was successful already. They agreed to explore opportunities for developing bilateral business and scientific ties.
The meetings with New Zealand's officials also discussed important bilateral issues, including the strengthening of further cooperation within international organizations and a Working Holiday Scheme, which was established in 2017 and allows young Lithuanians to holiday, work and study in New Zealand. New Zealand also informed about the finalisation of preparations for the signing of a bilateral agreement on the mutual recognition of national driving licenses, allowing Lithuanian citizens who are permanent residents of New Zealand to obtain local driving licenses without examination.
Skusevičius thanked New Zealand for supporting Lithuania’s OECD membership ambitions, affirmed the country’s support for talks on a free trade agreement between the EU and New Zealand, and called on New Zealand to intensify its effort to support the European plan for Ukraine.
Skusevičius is paying a working visit to New Zealand and Australia on 11-20 February. In addition to meetings with officials from both countries, Lithuania’s Foreign Vice-Minister will also meet with local Lithuanian communities and attend events to mark the centenary of the restoration of the state of Lithuania.
The Embassy of Lithuania in Japan is accredited to New Zealand. The Honorary Consulate of Lithuania in Oakland was opened in October 2015.