- 2019-12-12 to 2019-12-13 On 12-13 December, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius accompanies the President to the European Council in Brussels, Belgium
- 2019-12-13 On 13 December at 12:00 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends an event of the charity campaign "Maltesers soup"
- 2019-12-15 to 2019-12-16 On 15-16 December, the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas attends the 14th ASEM Foreign Ministers’ Meeting in Madrid, Spain
- 2019-12-16 On 16 December at 9:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius awards Marcin Łapczyński, Director of the Polish Institute in Vilnius
- 2019-12-16 On 16 December at 9:00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Dalius Čekuolis delivers a speech at the Lithuanian-German Forum at the Office of the President
Lithuania’s Foreign Vice-Minister meets with German representatives, discusses bilateral relations and security in Baltic region
On 19 September, the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Neris Germanas met with members of a delegation of the Parliamentary Friendship Group for Relations with the Baltic States in the German Bundestag, led by Alois Karl, Chair of the Group. Participants of the meeting welcomed the spectacularly good and intense relationship between Lithuania and Germany that was constantly strengthening.
Our countries also enjoy strong bilateral economic relations. Germany is Lithuania's third largest trading partner and the fifth largest foreign investor. It is important to note that the two countries promote cultural cooperation and active inter-parliamentary contacts. The strengthening of relations in the fields of education and science is of interest to both countries.
The Foreign Vice-Minister noted that for Germany is Lithuania’s major security partner in Europe. The country has made key contributions to security of Lithuania and the Baltic region. In Lithuania, the NATO enhanced forward presence battalion is led by the framework nation – Germany. The country’s troops serve in the NATO Force Integration Unit in Lithuania. Germany also contributes to the Vilnius-based NATO Energy Security Center of Excellence. Germany has carried out NATO's Baltic Air Policing mission ten times. According to A. Karl, German soldiers not only ensure regional security while serving in Lithuania, but also demonstrate that NATO allies respect their commitments and will stay in Lithuania for as long as necessary to ensure its security.
The meeting also discussed relations with Russia, China, the situation in Ukraine, Belarus, and other items on the international and bilateral agenda.
During the visit to Lithuania, the German Bundestag’s delegation will visit German troops deployed in Rukla, attend meetings in the Seimas (Parliament) and the Ministry of National Defense.