- 2018-12-11 On 11 December at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting at the Seimas
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is participating in the 10th Assembly of the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum in Tbilisi
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananvičius is participating in the General Affairs Council (Art. 50) in Brussels
- 2018-12-12 On 12 December at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2018-12-12 On 12 December at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the Government meeting and sitting
Minister L. Linkevičius encouraged women to become more involved in settlement of global conflicts
On 7 June, Foreign Minister Linas Linkevičius participated in the plenary session of the Summit of Women Political Leaders held in the Seimas which aimed to discuss political leadership in the face of global threats.
During this session focused on security issues, the participants of the Summit discussed what kind of leadership should politicians assume in the 21st century when not only the traditional understanding of threats changes but also new technology-age related threats are faced: hybrid, cyber-energy, and energy resource-related threats. At the same time, traditional conflicts do not come to an end, regional wars continue, and radicalisation and terrorism tendencies are increasing.
“In the modern world, women play an increasingly important role. They take political responsibility for dealing with crises and creating safer and more stable societies. They understand that in the event of a military conflict, their children will be victims, and therefore they think in such categories as peace instead of war. We should give women more opportunities to participate in crisis resolution and conflict prevention,” said Minister L. Linkevičius.
The Vice President and Minister of Foreign Affairs of Panama Isabel De Saint Malo De Alvarado, the Vice Prime Minister and the Minister for Europe and Euro-Atlantic Integration of Ukraine Ivanna Klympush-Tsintsadze, the Member of the Pakistan Senate Mehar Taj Roghanii, the South African Parliamentarian Awel Mawien Atem, and the Director of the Greenpeace International Jennifer Morgan also took the floor.
This high-level event patronised by the President of Lithuania Dalia Grybauskaitė took place in Lithuania in the year of the 100th anniversary of restored statehood and the 100th anniversary of Lithuania's women becoming one of the first in Europe win the right to vote. The event is organised by the Seimas and the Women Political Leaders Global Forum, in cooperation with the Council of Women World Leaders of Lithuania. From 2014, this Council, which unites over 60 existing and former heads of states and governments, has been headed by D. Grybauskaitė.