- 2019-06-20 On 20 June at 8.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with the YIVO delegation
- 2019-06-20 On 20 June at 12:00 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in the Government meeting at the Seimas
- 2019-06-20 On 20 June at 3:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in the the ceremony of unveiling the memorial plaque, dedicated to the Yiddish Scientific Institute (YIVO)
- 2019-06-20 to 2019-06-21 On 20-21 June, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius participates in the European Council in Brussels as part of the delegation led by the President of Lithuania
- 2019-06-21 On 21 June at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in a diploma award ceremony at the Institute of International Relations and Political Science (IIRPS)
Political Director: Lithuania appreciates Spain's contribution to security of the Baltic states
On 27 March, the Political Director of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Asta Skaisgirytė met with Enrique Mora Benavente, Director General for Foreign Policy and Security at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Spain.
“At the beginning of May, soldiers of the Spanish Air Force are coming to Lithuania for the fourth time. Undoubtedly, this will strengthen NATO's Air Policing mission. As Lithuania celebrates the 15th anniversary of its NATO membership this year, the country strives to make NATO's Air Policing mission an integral part of its air defense,” said A. Skaisgirytė. The Political Director also thanked Spain for its active participation in NATO's enhanced forward presence battlegroup in Lithuania.
The Directors discussed security issues, the transatlantic relationship, preparations for the upcoming meeting of NATO Foreign Ministers on 3-4 April in Washington, D.C., situations in the Middle East, the Mediterranean Sea region, Venezuela, eastern neighborhood, hybrid threats, and cyber security issues. They agreed to further strengthen the coordination of joint actions at the EU level in the field of strategic communication. In addition, A. Skaisgirytė positively evaluated Spain's participation in the EU cyber defense cooperation project under the Permanent Structured Cooperation (PESCO) that was led by Lithuania.